Michael J Miller, PhD
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Education & Fellowships
- Internship: SUNY Stony Brook
- PhD: Duquesne University, 2007, Clinical Psychology
Anxiety disorders, mood disorders, complex trauma effects, sexuality. Dr. Miller's treatment approach is informed by psychodynamic/psychoanalytic and existential-phenomenological theory.
Dr. Miller's research has focused on the clinical implications of language, as well as contemporary clinical applications of psychoanalytic and psychodynamic theory. He is particularly interested in the work of Jacques Lacan. He is the author of Lacanian Psychotherapy: Theory and Practical Applications (Routledge, 2011).
Specialties & Certification
- Clinical Psychology
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
Current Hospital Privileges
- Upstate University Hospital
Faculty Profile Shortcut: http://www.upstate.edu/faculty/millermi