- Training in the rheumatology fellowship training program will provide opportunities for fellows to be clinically competent in Rheumatology and related fields of interest. While this is a subspecialty program, training will emphasize the trainee functioning as a total physician, including as expert consultant, clinician, teacher, and, with additional training, as clinical or basic science investigator.
- The training program will be two years in duration and will provide the opportunity for the trainee to observe and manage patients with a wide variety of rheumatologic disorders in both the outpatient and inpatient setting.
- The training program will provide access to the basic and clinical sciences necessary to develop the skills necessary to practice sound rheumatology.
- The training program will train physicians to develop and maintain habits of lifelong learning to further enhance their knowledge, skills, and professionalism.
- While this is primarily a clinical training program, it is recognized that research training is mandatory for all fellows in training and will receive appropriate emphasis.