Molecular Analysis Core (SUNYMAC)
Core Director: Frank Middleton, PhD
Core Contact: Karen Gentile
Phone: 315 464-3206
Location: IHP (Institute for Human Performance) 3636
Web Site: SUNY Molecular Analysis Core Facility
Instrumentation in Core:
- Illumina MiSeq next-generation sequencing instrument
- Affymetrix GeneChip instrumentation including fluidics stations, hybridization ovens and high resolution scanner
- Leica Laser Microdissection Microscope
- Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer
- BioTek Synergy 2 plate reader
- BioRad CFX 384 Real Time PCR System
- BioRad Tetrad 2 PCR Instrumentation
- BioRad QX200 Droplet Digital PCR System
- BioRad BioPlex 200 Luminex Instrument
- Covaris M220 Focused Ultrasonicator
- Qiagen QIAcube
- Data analysis workstations with software to analyze sequencing array data
- Centralized data storage and mining
Brief Description of Core: SUNYMAC is a Core Facility that provides both fee-for-service sample preparation and analysis and free access to several pieces of common use equipment. The Core specializes in genome-wide or targeted high-throughput gene expression, genotyping, and copy number mapping, as well as ChIP-seq and methylation-seq analysis. The primary technologies include Affymetrix GeneChip and Illumina next-generation sequencing (NGS). SUNYMAC also maintaines instrumentation for sample enrichment (laser microdissection), nucleic acid purification and Q/C analysis (Aggilent Bioanalyzer), as well as NGS library construction (Covaris ultrasonicator, NuGen Mondrian microfluidics system), and target validation (BioRad digital droplet qPCR and real-time qPCR systems, and BioPlex/Luminex system).
Core Fee Schedule: Contact Karen Gentile for current fees and services provided.
How to Access Core Services: Phone or email.