Core Director: Frank Middleton, PhD
Core Contact: Karen Gentile
Phone: 315 464-3206
Location: Weiskotten Hall Addition, Room 3285
Web Site: SUNY Microarray Core Facility
Instrumentation in Core:
- Affymetrix GeneChip(c) Core Facility that includes two microfluidics processing stations, hybridization oven, and a high-resolution scanner with autoloader
- Leica Laser Microdissection Apparatus
- Agilent Technologies Bioanalyzer
- BioTek Synergy 2 plate reader
- Qiagen QIAcube
- Roche LightCycler 480
- BioLane HT1 high throughput in situ hybridization instrument
- Bio-Rad Tetrad DNA Engine
- Data Analysis Workstations with software to analyze GeneChip(c) and other array-based data
- Centralized data storage and mining
Brief Description of Core: SUNYMAC is a full service microarray processing core that specializes in high-throughput gene expression and genotyping analysis using Affymetrix GeneChip© microarrays and real-time quantitative PCR. SUNYMAC is also a data analysis facility and a technical resource for targeted analysis of biological samples, using laser microdissection. SUNYMAC was established in October 2002 and has grown to a client base of more than 50 investigators, with current throughput estimates of 1,500 - 2,000 samples per year.
Core Fee Schedule: Contact Karen Gentile for current fees.
How to Access Core Services: Phone or email.