Molecular Analysis Core (SUNYMAC)
SUNYMAC is a Core Facility that provides both fee-for-service sample preparation and analysis and free access to several pieces of common use equipment.
The Core specializes in genome-wide or targeted high-throughput gene expression, genotyping, and copy number mapping, as well as ChIP-seq and methylation-seq analysis. The primary technologies include Illumina next-generation sequencing (NGS) and Affymetrix GeneChip. Fee-for service applications include RNA extraction, Bioanalyzer analysis, next-gen sequencing library preparation and validation, Sanger sequencing, and Luminex assay processing. Common use equipment in the lab includes a plate reader (absorbance/fluorescence/luminescence), Covaris ultrasonicator, real time PCR instrument, BioRad Tetrad thermal cycler, and laser microdissection microscope.
Instrumentation in Core
- Illumina NextSeq next-generation sequencing instrument
- Illumina MiSeq next-generation sequencing instrument
- ABI 3130XL Genetic Analyzer
- Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer
- Affymetrix GeneChip instrumentation including fluidics stations, hybridization ovens and high resolution scanner
- Leica Laser Microdissection Microscope
- BioTek Synergy 2 plate reader
- BioRad CFX 384 Real Time PCR System
- BioRad Tetrad 2 PCR Instrumentation
- BioRad BioPlex 200 Luminex Instrument
- Covaris M220 Focused Ultrasonicator
- BioRad QX200 Droplet Digital PCR System
- Data analysis workstations with software to analyze sequencing array data
- Centralized data storage and mining
Core Fee Schedule: Contact Karen Gentile for current fees and services provided.
How to Access Core Services: Phone or email.