Center for Research and Evaluation
Rm. 2260, 766 Irving Ave.
Syracuse, NY 13210
Map & directions
Phone: 315 464-4430
Fax: 315 464-4429
Name: Stephen Ziemba
The Center for Research and Evaluation (CRE) at the State University of New York (SUNY) Upstate Medical University (UMU) serves as the biostatistics and epidemiology core for the UMU clinical and translational research enterprise.
In this core capacity, CRE provides:
- Technical assistance and guidance in biostatistics and data management for clinical research projects
- Research design and implementation assistance
- Design, methodological, analytic, and biostatistical consulting services to the academic communities in Central New York
CRE is organized around the premise that active, working analytic faculty and staff are engaged in all dimensions of the University's research, education, and service missions, embodying the University's values in its analytic work of driving innovation and discovery, respecting people, serving the wider community, and valuing integrity.
Access these core services by email or in person.
Instrumentation in Core
- State-of-the-art computing facility
- Specialized analytic programming services, such as SPSS (Windows, Mac), SPSS COMPLEX, Sample Power2, SAS, JMP, JMP7 Mac, Golden Helix SNP and Variation Suite 7, StataSE, Spatial Analyst, ArcView, Latent Gold, Prism Graph, Delta Graph, MLWin, HyperResearch, and TAMS Analyzer (Mac packages for qualitative research)
- Two virtual servers for hosting an SPSS DimensionNet database with tape backup