The Department of Radiation Oncology participates in numerous clinical trials, both those arising from within the department as well as those containing radiation therapies which come to us from other departments such as Hematology/Oncology, Pediatrics, Surgery, and Gynecology. Many of these studies are sponsored by the National Cancer Institute through their cooperative groups including:
- Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG)
- Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB)
- Children's Oncology Group (COG)
- American College of Surgeons Oncology Group (ACOSOG)
- National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project (NSABP)
- Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG)
Other studies are sponsored by pharmaceutical companies offering the most promising treatments recently developed by their own research labs or proposed by our investigators here at SUNY Upstate Medical University. Additional studies are also sponsored by charitable foundations to improve the lives and outcomes of the beneficiaries of their organizations.
Radiation Therapy for Prostate Cancer?
You Have Options: Upstate is studying an investigational device designed to reduce the amount of radiation healthy tissue is exposed to during prostate cancer radiation treatment. Learn More...