The Divisions of Interventional Radiology (IR) and Neuro Radiology are staffed by board certified radiologists specifically trained in their select field of radiology. They are supported by a staff of technologists and nurses dedicated to providing our patients with the safest, highest quality, and most efficient care possible.
Many of the procedures we perform replace invasive surgeries, effectively shortening the patient’s hospital stay and/or recovery time.
The IR/Neuro section is equipped with state-of-the-art angiographic suites, providing analog, digital, rotational, and 3D imaging.
Our equipment includes:
For more information:Contact: Shantel Henry
Phone: 315 464-8035
Contact: Len Hurteau, MSN, RN, Patient Service Director
Phone: 315 464-7480
- Siemen’s Bi-plane Neurostar
- Siemen’s Single-Plane Angiostar and Multistar
- Mini-vascular Room (currently under construction)
Interventional procedures include, but are not limited to:
- Peripheral, abdominal, and thoracic angiography
- Angioplasty, and stenting of vascular lesions,
- Embolization of uterine fibroids/arteries, vascular anomalies and bleeds
- Drainage of abscesses and abnormal fluid collections
- Vascular access procedures (ports, dialysis catheters, PICC lines, etc)
- Dialysis access evaluation and intervention
- Radio frequency ablation of select tumors, and
Procedures performed by Neuro-Radiology include:
- Cerebral/carotid/spinal angiography
- Embolizations of cerebral/spinal tumors and AVM’s
- Treatment of neuro-vascular lesions including aneurysms coiling