David V Keith, MD
- Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Clinical Section Affiliations
- Pediatrics: Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Education & Fellowships
- Residency: University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics, 1975
- Internship: West Virginia University Hospital, 1968
- MD: University of Minnesota Medical School, 1967
- Family Therapy Families and chronic illness
- Family systems and chronic illness Doctor/patient relationships
Specialties & Certification
- Child Psychiatry
- Adults and Children
Current Hospital Privileges
- Upstate University Hospital
Link to PubMed (Opens new window. Close the PubMed window to return to this page.)
Keith DV, Connell GM and Connell LC. Defiance in the family: finding hope in therapy. Philadelphia, PA: Brunner-Routledge. 2001.
Prosky P and Keith DV (eds). Family therapy as an alternative to medication: an appraisal of pharmland. New York: Brunner-Routledge. 2003.
Keith DV. The child in the therapist and the old man in the child: psychosomatic symptoms and children. In: S McDaniel, J Hepworth, W Doherty (eds), The shared experience of illness, stories of patients, families and their therapists. New York: Basic Books. 1997.
Keith, DV. Symbolic-experienced family therapy for chemical imbalance. In: F Dattilio (ed), Case studies in couple and family therapy: Systemic and cognitive perspectives. New York: The Guilford Press. 1998.
Keith DV. Family therapy, chemical imbalance, blasphemy, and working with children. AFTA Newsletter. 1998;72:21-25
Souid AK, Keith DV, Cunningham AS. Munchausen syndrome by proxy. Clinical Pediatrics. 1998;37:497-504.
Keith DV & Kaye DL. Consultation with the extended family: Primary process in clinical practice. Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America. July 2001.
Faculty Profile Shortcut: http://www.upstate.edu/faculty/keithd