- up to 20% of people with serious eating disorders die
- Only 2-3% will die
- 60% of people with eating disorders recover
Eating Disorder Facts
How Many People Suffer from Eating Disorders?
- 1 out of every 100 young women between ages 10 and 20 are starving (anorexia nervosa).
- 4 out of every 100 college-aged women have Bulimia.
- Approximatey 50% of people who have been anorexic developed bulimia or bulimic patterns.
- A recent study reported ion Drugs and Therapy Perspective reports 1% of women in the US have binge eating disorder, as do 30% of women who seek treatment to lose weight.