Welcome to the Proteomics & Mass Spectrometry Core Facility at SUNY Upstate Medical University
4307 WHA, 766 Irving Ave.
Syracuse, NY 13210
Map & directions
Phone: 315 464-8744
Name: Ebbing de Jong
The Upstate Proteomics & Mass Spectrometry Core Facility offers Upstate (and external) researchers cutting edge technology to support research projects involving proteomics or metabolomics applications. The facility is equipped with a state-of-the-art Thermo LTQ Orbitrap mass spectrometer for superior sensitivity and resolution that allows the identification and quantification of complex mixtures of proteins or metabolites.
Supported applications include (but are not limited to):
- protein identification from SDS-PAGE gels
- protein molecular mass determination
- analysis of protein posttranslational modifications
- comparative quantification of protein expression levels in cell culture and tissue samples
- identification and quantification of small molecules and metabolites