Health Careers Undergraduate Program Open House
November 12, 2016 and March 18, 2017
The November 12th and March 18th Open House programs will highlight the Bachelor Degree (undergraduate) programs at SUNY Upstate Medical University. Our open house offers high school and college students, parents, counselors, teachers, college faculty, and others the opportunity to learn more about Upstate’s undergraduate health care degree programs. Participants will have a choice of program presentations:
- Cardiovascular Perfusion (BS) -Pumping or oxygenating blood, temporarily replacing the work of the heart or lungs
- Medical Imaging /Radiography (X-ray )(BS, BPS)- Taking x-rays, CT’s and MRI’s to diagnose injury or disease
- Medical Imaging Sciences/Ultrasound (BS, BPS)-Taking ultrasounds to diagnose injury or disease.
- Nursing (BS)- Program for registered nurses
- Medical Technology (BS) and Medical Biotechnology (BS) -Performing lab tests to diagnose and monitor disease
- Radiation Therapy (BS)-Treating cancer patients with radiation
- Respiratory Care (BS) -Assisting people who have difficulty breathing
Open House Schedule
9:00 Arrival Weiskotten Hall Lobby
9:00-9:45 Program Exhibits
10:00-10:15 Financial Aid Overview
10:15-11:00 Admissions Overview
12:15-Campus Tour (optional)
Each participant will select the individual program presentation of their choice.
At the close of the program presentations, Upstate students will conduct optional tours. Casual attire and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
Learn more about the early admission programs for high school seniors.
Topics to be Discussed by Professionals
- Job entry requirements
- Job responsibilities
- Entry level salaries
- Career ladder mobility
- Volunteer and observational experience
Sponsored by SUNY Upstate Medical University’s Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
There are NO registration fees or other charges for participation in the OPEN HOUSE.