Undergraduate Program Open House
Our Open House programs will highlight the Bachelor Degree (undergraduate) programs at SUNY Upstate Medical University. Our open house offers high school and college students, parents, counselors, teachers, college faculty, and others the opportunity to learn more about Upstate’s undergraduate health care degree programs. Participants will have a choice of program presentations:
- Medical Imaging Sciences/Ultrasound (BS, BPS)-Taking ultrasounds to diagnose injury or disease.
- Nursing (BS)- Program for registered nurses
- Medical Technology (BS) and Medical Biotechnology (BS) -Performing lab tests to diagnose and monitor disease
- Radiation Therapy (BS, BPS)-Treating cancer patients with radiation
- Respiratory Care (BS) -Assisting people who have difficulty breathing
Open House Schedule
9:00-9:30 Program Exhibits
9:30 - 9:45 Welcome & Introduction to Upstate
9:45 – 9:55 Financial Aid
10:00 – 11:15 Program Presentations & Student Panels
11:15 – 12:00 Campus tours (leaving directly from presentation rooms)
11:30-12:30 Admissions Representatives available for questions.
Optional Geneva Tower Tours – 11:30 & 12:30
Each participant will select the individual program presentation of their choice.
At the close of the program presentations, Upstate students will conduct optional tours. Casual attire and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
Learn more about the early admission programs for high school seniors.
Topics to be Discussed by Professionals
- Job entry requirements
- Job responsibilities
- Entry level salaries
- Career ladder mobility
- Volunteer and observational experience
The Open House will be held at Weiskotten Hall, at 766 Irving Ave in Syracuse.