SUMMER CAREER AWARENESS DAYS APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED.
Student Admissions will be hosting a series of Summer Career Awareness Days in summer 2017.
June 28 - Respiratory Therapy and Nursing (approx. 9:00 am to 4:15 pm)
The day will include overviews of both Respiratory Therapy and Nursing professions as well as hands on hands on activities in both areas. An opportunity work with the various types of equipment used to treat patients as well as clinical skills techniques will be covered.
June 29 - Medicine and Physician Assistant (approx. 9:00 am to 4:00 pm)
The day will include an opportunity for participants to work alongside current MD or PA students in our Clinical Skills lab where they will interact with standardized patients and participate in Health Assessment. Students will also interact with our PA students in the Anatomy Lab and Suturing Class.
July 19 - Medical Technology, Medical Biotechnology and Biomedical Sciences (Research) (approx. 9:00 am to 4:00 pm)
The day will include an overview of Medical Technology and Biomedical Research professions as well as research lab demonstrations, hands on laboratory experiences, tours of Research labs and the hospital pathology labs. Within Biomedical Research, attendees will learn about the different innovative careers, take a tour of research labs and even conduct a hands-on experiment with graduate students.
July 27 - Physical Therapy (approx. 9:00 am to 4:00 pm)
Students will have the opportunity to interact with and learn from physical therapists that specialize in working with a variety of patients. Sessions will be interactive and will introduce them to many skills that physical therapists use to restore function and relieve pain for more than one million people a day.
- Open to current high school sophomores, juniors, seniors as well as current college freshmen and sophomores. (High school graduating classes of 2015-2019).
- Applicants can only apply to one program.
- Deadline to submit the application will be May 1 for all programs except Physical Therapy which has a May 15th deadline.
- Completing the application does not imply acceptance into the program.
- All applicants must submit an unofficial high school transcript. (88 or higher average)
- College applicants must submit an unofficial college transcript. (3.0 or higher GPA)
- Transcripts can be submitted via fax (315-464-8867) or e-mail (email@example.com / subject line: Summer CAD). Please include the applicant’s name and the program for which they’re applying. College freshmen and sophomore applicants also need to include the name of the college they’re attending. All transcripts must be received by May 8 (May 22th for Physical Therapy).
- Twenty-four participants per event will be selected along with an Alternate List.
- Applicants will be notified of their status by via e-mail around mid-May.
- Cost will be $15.00 per event or $5.00 for high school students who receive free or reduced lunch (selected students will be required to submit verification of enrollment in program from their School Counselor) or $5.00 for college freshmen and sophomores in an EOP or HEOP program (selected students will be required to provide verification of enrollment in the program from the EOP/HEOP Director).
- Those that are selected will have until June 9 to submit the payment in the form of a check or money order along with the required paperwork. Information will be included in the acceptance e-mail for those accepted to the program.
- Times listed are approximate times. Confirmed times will be included in the acceptance e-mail.
- This is not a shadow experience.
- Open to New York state residents only.