In-Service—Lectures Available for Health Care Providers
Phone: 315 464-8907
Classes are offered on-site at any of the more than 136 hospitals in our service area. Classes are taught by RNs certified by the American Association of Poison Control Centers as Certified Specialists in Poison Information (CSPI).
The classes are 30 minutes to one hour in length that can be tailored to meet the needs of your staff.
- Approach to the Poisoned Patient
- Analgesic Poisoning
- Antidepressant Poisoning
- Calcium Channel and Beta Blocker Toxicity
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Chemical Terrorism and Medical Readiness
- Contemporary Drugs of Abuse
- Nursing Student's Approach to the Poisoned Patient
- Overview of the Upstate New York Poison Center
- Pediatric Poisonings
- Poison Antidotes
- Principles of GI Decontamination
- Safety in the Workplace
- Toxic Alcohols
- Who wants to be a Toxicologist?
- Volatile Substance Inhalation Abuse