175 Elizabeth Blackwell Street
Syracuse, NY 13210
Map & directions
Phone: 315 464-5375
The Upstate New York Poison Center provides poison prevention training seminars for:
- School nurses
- Public health nurses
- Programs coordinators
- Scout leaders
- Community service personnel
- And more
Once trained in poison prevention awareness, participants are then prepared to teach others about poison prevention. Together, through the cooperative effort of many agencies, we are able to more effectively convey the message of poison prevention to the 7.4 million people throughout our 54-county service area, promoting wellness to our mutual clients.
This seminar, introduces participants to the importance of poison awareness through the use of videos and look-alike products (poisonous products that look like food products) and a teachers guide.
- Videos are available online and on an 'on-loan' basis to community personnel through the UNYPC.
- The ABC's of Poison Prevention: A Teacher's Guide
- Poison Facts
- Background Poison information
- Audio-Visual materials available through the Poison Control Center
- Poisonous look-alike flipchart
- Detailed explanation of look-alike products
- Brochures and Education Materials are also available.