Train the Trainer
The Upstate New York Poison Center provides poison prevention training seminars for:
- School nurses
- Public health nurses
- Programs coordinators
- Point of service agency personnel
- And more
Once trained in poison prevention awareness, key agency personnel are then prepared to teach others about poison prevention. Together, through the cooperative effort of many agencies, we are able to more effectively convey the message of poison prevention to the 7.1 million people throughout our 54-county service area, promoting wellness to our mutual clients.
This seminar, introduces participants to the importance of poison awareness thorough the use of videos and look-alike products (poisonous products that look like food products) and a teachers guide.
- The look-alike kit and videos are available on an 'on-loan' basis to community personnel through most local Cooperative Extension—Local Offices, as well as through the UNYPC.
The ABC's of Poison Prevention: A Teacher's Guide
- Poison Facts
- Background Poison information
- Audio-Visual materials available through the Poison Control Center
- Poisonous look-alike display kit
- Detailed explaination of look-alike products
- Brochures and Education Materials are also available.
Contact the UNYPC