The Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation program provides physical therapy services for patients with various pulmonary diseases. This multi-faceted approach will include education in the disease process, breathing and relaxation techniques, pulmonary medications, and nutrition. Every patient receives individualized therapy sessions including an evaluation to determine functional problems related to the disease process.
Manlius Health Center
102 West Seneca Street
Manlius, NY 13104
Map & directions
Phone: 315 464-6543
Fax: 315 464-4753
Hours: Mon. Wed. Fri. - 8am-4:30pm; Tues. Thurs. - 7:30am-6pm
What to Expect from Therapy
- The program has been developed using examination techniques, outcome measures and treatment plans based on the latest scientific evidence.
- Treatments can include strengthening, endurance training and breathing exercises which are tailored to each individual's personal needs and goals.
- Each patient's vital signs are monitored throughout to ensure a safe and effective therapy session.
- Energy conservation techniques are provided to each patient as needed based on his or her evaluation.
- Each patient is provided with a home exercise program to continue addressing his or her rehabilitation.
- Every patient is assisted with the transition to a home-based or community-based exercise program after completion of their rehabilitation program.
Our program may be suitable for patients with the following diagnoses:
- Lung resection
- Cystic fibrosis
- Restrictive lung disorders
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Pre-operative and Post-operative lung volume reduction surgery
- Pre-operative and Post-operative lung transplant
- Any individual whose functional abilities are limited by his/her pulmonary status
Preparing for your First Visit
- Your first visit will typically include a complete examination and exercise instruction/education.
- You should wear clothing that is easy to move in and bring a list of your current medications and the names of your physicians/other healthcare providers.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time to complete paperwork for your visit.