The Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department at University Hospital offers comprehensive therapy examination and treatment for individuals with neurological problems. These problems may result if you have experienced a stroke, brain injury, concussion injury, brain tumor, spinal cord injury or multiple sclerosis.
Institute For Human Performance (IHP)
505 Irving Ave.
Syracuse, NY 13210
Map & directions
Phone: 315 464-6543
Fax: 315 464-4753
Hours: Mon. Wed. Fri. - 7am-4:30pm; Tues. Thurs. - 7am-6pm
Treatments and techniques include:
- Mobility retaining including ambulation, transfers, and community navigation
- Balance retraining and safety
- Activities of daily living to increase independence for self care, home and community tasks
- Independent living skills with a focus on school and work transitions
- Speech/language retraining
- Cognitive retraining
- Visual retraining
- Physical skills facilitation to improve strength, range of motion, endurance and coordination
Specialty training programs may include the use of specialized equipment including the Lokomat®, ARMEO®, Walkaide®, or Dynavision™ systems to provide the highest level of clinical care with advanced technology.
Programs are based on individual needs and goals with patient education and home program being key to the plan of care.A physician's referral is required for examination and treatment within this program.