Spinal Pain Therapy
The Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department offers therapy for individuals with spine (back) pain. This program is for individuals of all ages who are experiencing pain at any level of their spine from the neck, mid-back or low back, with or without extremity pain from nerve involvement
Offered at these office locations:Institute for Human Performance
505 Irving Ave, Syracuse, NY 13210
Upstate Bone and Joint Center
6620 Fly Road, East Syracuse, NY 13057 University Health Care Manlius
102 West Seneca Street
Manlius, NY 13104
What to Expect from Therapy
- An evaluation will be performed to assess movement and document functional deficits.
- A goal-driven program will be developed to resolve or minimize symptoms and return you to your previous level of activities as tolerated.
- The spine rehabilitation team works with specific protocols in the areas of pre and post surgical intervention, scoliosis, stenosis and chronic pain.
- Acute pain is addressed with manual therapy and modalities along with education to gradually regain normal movement patterns.
- Muscle imbalances are assessed to minimize effect of uneven forces from weak or over-lengthened muscles on the spine through spinal stabilization and Pilates rehabilitation techniques.
Preparing for your First Visit
- The initial visit will entail a complete review of past medical history, specific tests and treatment plan.
- Loose clothing is recommended for initial and subsequent visits.