Disability Integration Toolkit
The resources listed on this page have been designed to help medical educators incorporate disability education into their curriculum. These resources include components that can be incorporated at both the pre-clinical and clinical stages, and they emphasize the skills and knowledge needed to care for patients with disability. Check back periodically for updates. Our team is continuously working with our partners to develop additional content.
Active Learning Tools
Activities that allow educators to incorporate disability content into existing courses and journal clubs at different points in the curriculum.
Stand-alone web-based modules, which can be integrated into online courses, existing in-person courses, or self-directed learning.
- Practical Recommendations for Enhancing the Care of Patients with Disability
- Healthcare Access for Persons with Disabilities
Resources for Collaborators
Information to support collaborators in designing educational tools that fit the framework of the Disability Integration Toolkit.
- Introduction to the Disability Integration Toolkit
Links to web-based resources to help providers meet the needs of patients with disability.
- The Ohio State University Nisonger Center
- AAMC Group on Diversity and Inclusion
- Association of Academic Physiatrists
- Integrating Disability into Medical School Curriculum: Practical Strategies & Resources
This page is still evolving and may not be in its final version. For notifications about the addition of new tools and updates, follow us on Twitter (@ToolkitUpdates). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License