The residency curriculum includes:
- Didactic and seminar programs by department and local faculty
- Weekly regional didactic program via video conference
- Visiting faculty presentations
- Clinical presentations
- Allied health topic presentations
- Morbidity & mortality conference
- Journal Club
- Monthly board review sessions
Resident educational opportunities are further enhanced by collaboration with colleagues, particularly Orthopedics, Neurology, and Pain services.
We continue to work with other training programs and share resources in our individual areas of excellence. For example, our program offers an annual EMG course that is open to residents in other programs.
Attendance at national meetings include AAPMR and AANEM, and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation meetings are supported by the department.
We offer an international elective experience.
Our department provides each resident with educational materials and pays professional memberships and journal fees during their residency.