Molecular Oncology and its clinical application.
Link to PubMed (Opens new window. Close the PubMed window to return to this page.)
Recent Selected References:
1. Alfredo L. Valente, AL, Tull J, Zhang S. Specificity of TLE1 expression in unclassified high-grade sarcomas for the diagnosis of synovial Sarcoma. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 21:408–413, 2013.
2. Rong R, Tull J, Zhang S. Molecular Biomarker Profile of EGFR Copy Number, KRAS and BRAF Mutations in Colorectal Carcinoma. J Solid Tumors. 2(4):27-31, 2012.
3. Valente, AL, Tull, J, Zhang, S. Utility of fluorescence in situ hybridization in sub-classifying unclassified high-grade sarcomas: a study of 40 cases using break-apart probes of EWSR1, FOXO1A, SS18 and DDIT3 Genes. J Solid Tumors. 2(2):4-9, 2012.
4. Swati I, Zhang S, Tull J, Khurana KK. Accuracy of cytology specimen and needle core biopsies for detection of KRAS mutation in non-small cell carcinoma: comparison with resection specimen. World J Oncol. 2(6):275-280, 2011.
5. Narendra S, Valente A, Tull J, Zhang, S. DDIT3 gene break-apart as a molecular marker for diagnosis of myxoid liposarcoma - assay validation and clinical experience. Diagn Mol Pathol, 20:218-224, 2011.
6. Deng FM, Galvan K, de la Roza G, Zhang S, Souid AK, Stein CK.Molecular characterization of an EWSR1-POU5F1 fusion associated with a t(6;22) in an undifferentiated soft tissue sarcoma. Cancer Genet. 204:423-429, 2011.
7. Zhang S, Pavlovitz B, Tull J, Wang Y, Deng F, Fuller C. Detection of TMPRSS2 gene deletions and translocations in carcinoma, intraepithelial neoplasia and normal epithelium of the prostate by direct fluorescence in situ hybridization. Diagn Mol Pathol, 19:151-156, 2010.
8. Nasr MR, Mukhopadhyay S, Zhang S, and Katzenstein ALA. Absence of BRAF mutation in HBME1 And CK19 positive atypical cell clusters in hashimoto’s thyroiditis: evidence against preneoplastic change. Am J Clin Pathol, 132:906-912, 2009.
9. El-Zammar O, Zhang S, Katzenstein ALA. Comparison of FISH, PCR, and Immunohistochemistry in assessing EGFR status in lung adenocarcinoma and correlation with clinicopathologic features. Diagn Mol Pathol, 18:133-137, 2009.
10. Shah SS, Wang Y, Tull J and Zhang S. Effect of high copy number of HER2 associated with polysomy 17 on HER2 protein expression in invasive breast carcinoma. Diagn Mol Pathol, 18:30-33, 2009.
11. Mehra S, de la Roza G, Tull J, Shrimpton A, Valente A, Zhang S. Detection of FOXO1(FKHR) gene break-apart by fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) in formalin fixed paraffin embedded alveolar rhabdomyosarcomas and its clinicopathological correlation. Diagn Mol Pathol, 17:14-20, 2008.
12. Nasr, MR, Mukhopadhyay S, Zhang S and Katzenstein A-L: Immunohistochemical markers in diagnosis of papillary thyroid carcinoma: utility of HBME1 combined with CK19 immunostaining. Mod Pathol, 19:1631-1637, 2006.
13. Murphy K, Zhang S, Geiger T, Hafez MJ, Bacher J, Berg KD and Eshleman J. Comparison of the microsatellite instability analysis system and the Bethesda panel for the determination of microsatellite instability in colorectal cancers. J Mol Diagn 8:305-11, 2006.
14. Montgomery E, Mamelak AJ, Gibson M, Maitra A, Sheikh S, Amr SS, Yang S, Brock M, Forastiere A, Zhang S, Murphy K, Berg K. Overexpression of Claudin Proteins in Esophageal Adenocarcinoma and its Precursor Lesion. Appl Immunohisto Mol Morph. 14:24-30, 2006.
15.Zhang S, Ashraf M and Schinella R: Ischemic colitis with atypical reactive changes mimicking dysplasia (pseudodysplasia). Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Arch Path Lab Med, 125:224-227, 2001.