Upstate Courier Services
The Upstate Courier Services department provides secure, reliable, and timely transportation of laboratory specimens, supplies, documents, pharmaceuticals, and critical patient care items for Upstate Medical University practice sites.
Courier Dispatch: 464-5227
- Mike Stockton, Courier Dispatch Manager: 464-6704
- David Latour, Outreach Customer Service Manager: 464-7139
The Courier Dispatch line is answered 24/7. Calls received in the evening, overnight, or on weekends and holidays are handled by the Core Laboratory staff.
Our couriers provide pickup and delivery for hospitals, clinics, physicians' offices and most UMU departments within Onondaga County. We utilize outside courier companies for long distance trips. These companies have been thoroughly vetted to ensure that our customers are always receiving professional, reliable service.
Our location listing shows the offices with scheduled, daily service as well as our Will-Call coverage areas.
Items to be picked up at University Hospital Downtown or Community Campus should be taken to the drop-off point.
University Hospital Downtown:
- Each package should be closed securely and clearly labeled with delivery information
- The Courier Dispatcher will assist in assigning delivery to the proper courier
University Hospital Community Campus:
- Daily pickup at 12:30 and 16:30
- Emergency shipments after 22:00 - call dispatch and then take item to the Public Safety Office on the first floor.
- Please call Courier Dispatch if you have deliveries to locations other than University Hospital - Downtown. You can still drop at HIM but we need to know in advance to arrange for timely delivery