Parking Areas and Usage Information
SUNY Upstate Medical University Parking Garage West
Upstate Garage West is a public garage available to all, including employees and students of SUNY Upstate Medical University as space permits.. Entrances are located on Sarah Loguen Street and Harrison Street, and exits are located on Sarah Loguen Street and Harrison Street Eastbound. The garage is open 24 hours a day, Monday through Sunday. Two wheel motorized vehicles are prohibited. There is a reserved patient and visitor area on the ground floor of the garage.
SUNY Upstate Medical University Parking Garage East
Upstate Garage East is a public garage available to all, including employees and students of SUNY Upstate Medical University as space permits. Entrances and exits are located on Sarah Loguen (SL) at Level G (Ground) and Elizabeth Blackwell (EB) Street at Level One. The ground and 2nd levels, levels G and 2, are reserved for daily public parking, while the 1st level and 3rd and above are available for monthly and permit parking. The SL entrance and exit are open 24 hours a day, Monday through Sunday. The EB entrance and exits are open weekdays 6:00 am to 10:00 pm. and closed on weekends and red holidays.
Two Wheel Motorized Vehicle use Policy
- The two wheel motorized vehicle area is located on the 4th level of the Garage for all shuttle lot and those parkers who have no parking assignment.
- Parkers who have a Garage East or Garage West parking assignment, and are current with their monthly payment at the Garage rate, may park in any available parking space in the permit areas.
- Parkers must drive around the gates to enter and exit the facility.
- Parkers may not pull a ticket, or use a proximity card to enter or exit the facility.
- Parkers assigned to the Garage East or the Garage West, current with their parking payment will incur no additional fee.
- Shuttle lot parkers, current with their parking payment will incur no additional fee.
- Campus lot parkers, current with their parking payment will incur no additional fee.
- For parkers with no monthly assignment the fee is $30 per month + tax.
Garage InformationEmployees: To qualify for Garage parking, an employee must request placement and will be notified when space becomes available. Exceptions are made for immediate access by the Parking Committee.
Students: Students are assigned parking as space permits, based on seniority.
Non-employees: Non-employees follow the same eligibility policy as State/Research employees for parking. Non-employees include individuals employed at SUNY Upstate through contract employment arrangements.
Other Upstate Garage Procedures
- All vehicles parking in the Upstate Garage East are required to properly display a SUNY Upstate vehicle permit. See vehicle permit information.
- Upstate Garage parkers must comply with all posted signs, including speed limits, pavement markings and designated disabled parking areas. Vehicles found in violation of the above items, will be ticketed and/or towed.
- Garage East has first floor and basement pedestrian exits located adjacent to the stairwell exits. Exits on Adams Street and the south end of Elizabeth Blackwell are equipped with automatic door openers.
- Storage of vehicles is not allowed in either Upstate Garages.
- No car covers are allowed in the either Upstate Garages.
- No studded tires are allowed above the basement level.
- No insurance appraisers are allowed in either Upstate Garages without the vehicle owner present.
- No vehicle is allowed in either Upstate Garage that is leaking fluids.
- No vehicle will be allowed into the Upstate Garages without a current registration sticker on the vehicle. Absent this requirement, the parker will be directed to pull a ticket for daily parking where, the full parking rate will be charged.
- No overnight parking is allowed on the roof of either garage when there is significant snow accumulation
Madison Towers Garage
A & B Lots
The A and B Lots' primary use is for employee parking. A-Lot is located on the south side of Weiskotten Hall, immediately adjacent to the electrical transformer pad. The B-1 Lot is located next to the Campus Activities Building, the B-3 Lot is located on the South side of Weiskotten Hall, off of University Avenue, and B-4 Lot is located next to Silverman Hall, off of University Avenue
An A-Lot permit allows access to A-Lot, B-Lots, and Adams Street
The A and B Lots are operational 24 hours a day. Departments requiring access for an outside guest need to make arrangements with the Parking Office or Public Safety two business days prior to the requested date.
Monday through Friday after 4 pm, all day on weekends and on red holidays, A and B lots are available to students who are paid parkers or current U permit holders. B lots are available to all employee paid parkers after 4 pm. Monday through Friday, all day on weekends and on red holidays. Gates remain closed at all times. Access to the lots is gained by swiping a Upstate ID at the gate entrance, which activates the gates to allow entrance. Two wheel motorized vehicles are allowed in A Lot and B1 Lot. They are not allowed in B4 lot.
Widewaters Parkway Parking
Hutchings Psychiatric Center
The I- Lots primary use is for employee and student parking. They are located beneath Route 81. I-Lot 1 is bounded by East Washington, Almond and East Fayette Streets. I-Lot 2 is located beneath Rt. 81 and is bounded by East Washington, McBride and East Water Streets. The lots are open Monday through Friday, from 5:00 am until 9:00 pm. The lots are paved, lit and fenced. The two lots are attended by a uniformed contract guard during open hours. Two wheel motorized vehicles are allowed in this lot.
Access to these lots is limited to individuals displaying a valid SUNY Upstate parking permit and the current months hanging tag. The lots are closed on weekends and red holidays. Access for picking up a car during closed hours is available through Public Safety (extension 4-4000).
All I-Lot parkers are eligible to park in the SUNY Upstate Garage East on the weekends and Garage West on red holidays. Proxy card readers are located at the Sarah Loguen and Elizabeth Blackwell entrances of Garage East and the Sarah Loguen and Harrison Street entrances of Garage West. An Upstate ID must used to enter and exit the garage. Vehicles assigned to the I-Lots, but illegally parked in the garage during the day will be in violation of the SUNY Upstate Parking Policy.
R1 Lot's primary use is for employee and student parking and is accessed using the SUNY Upstate ID card. The R1 Lot entrance is located just off of Irving Avenue on Wellington Place. The lot is operational Monday 4:00 am to Saturday 1:00 am. The lot is an oil and stone surface, which is fenced, lit and guarded by the SUNY Upstate Public Safety staff during open hours. Two wheel motorized vehicles is not allowed in this lot.
Access to the lot is gained by swiping a Upstate ID at the gate entrance, which activates the gates to allow entrance. Only valid IDs will operate the parking gate. The lot is closed from 1:00 am Saturday mornings until 4:00 am Monday mornings. Access for picking up a car during closed hours is available through Public Safety (extension 4-4000).
All R1-Lot parkers are eligible to park in the SUNY Upstate Garage East on the weekends and Garage West on red holidays. Proxy card readers are located at the Sarah Loguen and Elizabeth Blackwell entrances of Garage East and the Sarah Loguen and Harrison Street entrances of Garage West. An Upstate ID must used to enter and exit the garages. Vehicles assigned to R-Lot, but illegally parked in the garages during the day will be in violation of the SUNY Upstate Parking Policy.
Street and Metered Parking
SUNY Upstate Service Lot
University Health Care Center Basement, Garage and Surface Parking
Beginning Monday, July 28, 2014 there will be several changes made to the shuttle service. They include:
Stops will not longer be made in the Hospital Circle or Jacobsen Hall. All pick ups and drops off will be made at a new stop on Sarah Loguen Street next to the Garage East. This includes the bus traveling to and from Community Campus.
A new stop has been added for the Institute for Human Performance.