Outreach & Education
OB Grand Rounds
OB Grand Rounds is held at the Marley Education Center, located at 765 Irving Avenue every Friday from 7:30am to 8:30am. A wide variety of current OB and GYN topics are presented by local and nationally recognized experts. If you are interested in presenting please contact Jan-Marie Brown.
All OB Grands Rounds are PDF
Nursing Grand Rounds
Nursing Grand Rounds covers a variety of topics and takes place at University Hospital.
Pediatric Grand Rounds
Pediatric Grand Rounds is held every Wednesday from 9:15am – 10:30am, Room 6500, University Hospital.
Regional Perinatal Program Outreach Site Visit
In keeping with the NYS DOH requirements, the annual Regional Perinatal Program Outreach meeting is held every Spring in each hospital in the Central New York Region with obstetrical services.
For this visit, the team from the Regional Perinatal Center will consist of a Maternal/Fetal Medicine attending and a Neonatology attending as well as the Perinatal Nurse Coordinators of OB and Neonatology. Affiliate hospital staff to attend will be the Chiefs of Obstetrics and Pediatrics, the OB/Pediatric Nurse Manager and other obstetrical, pediatric and nursing care providers. Functions to be carried out will include:
- Presentation of two perinatal education topics by the Outreach Team from the Regional Center.
- Review of the hospital’s Statewide Perinatal Data System annual report from the previous year.
- Report/analysis by the Regional Center’s SPDS Coordinator of the hospital’s SPDS report in comparison with the region-wide report, other hospitals’ data and national standards.
- Discussion of pre-identified cases from the prior year, chosen by the Regional Center or the Affiliate staff, which are of special interest, concern, or educational value.
- Review of the maternal/newborn consultation/transport experience of the Affiliate hospital for the prior year with feedback regarding outcomes and detailed discussion of cases with significant morbidity or mortality. Discussion of any other issues regarding the Affiliate hospital or Regional Center patient care functions or relationships.
- Discussion of any other issues regarding the Affiliate hospital or Regional Center patient care functions or relationships.
The annual Symposium celebrated its 40th year in 2013 Current OB and Neonatal topics are chosen to keep the nurses, providers and residents from Central New York updated on the most recent developments in perinatal care. For further information with regard to the Symposium please contact Janet Press at (315) 470-7372.For further information:
- Appointment of Dr. Jodi Wallis
- Meet some of the Centering team
- March of Dimes Grant given to SUNY Upstate Regional Perinatal Center
- Ali Doyle receives the GME award for Team work
- Retiring obstetrician Richard Aubry, MD, MPH reflects on his 50 year career
- Leah Kaufman joins the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology