CNY Regional Perinatal Program
What is the CNY Regional Perinatal Program?
The Central New York Regional Perinatal Program (CNY-RPP) aims to promote healthy outcomes for women and children by ensuring that high risk mothers and their infants have timely access to a continuum of specialized care. Each hospital affiliates with a region and forms a transfer agreement with the Regional Perinatal Center (RPC).
As an affiliate, hospitals receive a number of services from the RPC. The community obstetricians and pediatricians receive consultation and specialized services. The Statewide Perinatal Data System is utilized to capture data on births, NICU admissions and maternal transports. These data are then analyzed and used to improve the quality of care region wide.
Map of the Central New York Region
Below is a map showing the coverage of the Central New York Regional Perinatal Program. The region consists of a 13-county area spanning from St. Lawrence County in the North to Broome and Tioga counties in the South.
CNY Regional Perinatal Center Protocols
The following is a listing of suggested educational guidelines. For further information about the guidelines, please contact Janet Press, RNC at 315 470-7372.
- Acoustic Stimulation
- Amnioinfusion, Intrapartum
- Anti-D (Rh) Immune Globulin Administration
- Breech Delivery, Vaginal
- Circumcision, Newborn
- External Cephalic Version
- Group B Strep; Detection & Treatment
- HIV Screening, Rapid, Maternal/Fetal
- Induction and Augmentation of Labor, inclucing Cervical Ripening
- Magnesium Sulfate for Tocolysis
- Magnesium Sulfate for Seizure Prophylaxis/Therapy in Preeclampsia/Eclampsia
- Monitoring Surveillance, Fetal and Uterine
- Operative Vaginal Delivery
- Perinatal Center, Transfer of Care to, or Consultation with Premature Rupture of Membranes
- Transport, Maternal-Fetal
- Vacuum Extraction Delivery
- Vaginal Birth After Prior Cesarean Delivery (VBAC)
- Amnio Infusion
- Birthing Room Deliveries, Guidelines for Breastfeeding Guidelines
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation: Adults and Infants
- Circumcision: Analgesia and Anesthesia for Fetal and Uterine Monitoring/Surveillance: Antepartal and Intrapartal
- Group B Strep: Detection/Treatment and Prevention of Group B Strep Disease
- Hearing: Universal Newborn Screening
- Hypertensive Disorder: Care of the Obstetrical Patient
- Induction and Augmentation of Labor Including Cervical Ripening
- Latex Allergy Precautions
- Magnesium Sulfate, Continuous Infusion—For Obstetrics
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) Vaccine
- Pain Assessment and Management
- Rh Immune Globulin Admninistration
- Rubella Vaccine
CNY Regional Perinatal Program Newsletter
The RPP believes it is important to keep the Region updated on events, news, progress, and notice that are useful to all of the practicing obstetrics and neonatology. We encourage you to make copies of this Newsletter to share with your staff and providers.