Clinical/Educational Outreach Site Visit
For this visit, the team from the Regional Perinatal Center will consist of a Maternal/Fetal Medicine attending and a Neonatology attending as well as the Perinatal Nurse Coordinators of OB and Neonatology. Affiliate hospital staff to attend will be the Chiefs of Obstetrics and Pediatrics, the OB/Pediatric Nurse Manager and other obstetrical, pediatric and nursing care providers. Functions to be carried out will include:
- Presentation of two perinatal education topics by the Outreach Team from the Regional Center.
- Discussion of pre-identified cases from the prior year, chosen by the Regional Center or the Affiliate staff, which are of special interest, concern, or educational value.
- Review of the maternal/newborn consultation/transport experience of the Affiliate hospital for the prior year with feedback regarding outcomes and detailed discussion of cases with significant morbidity or mortality.
- Review of High Risk OB and NICU statistics from the region.
- Discussion of any other issues regarding the Affiliate hospital or Regional Center patient care functions or relationships.
- Appointment of Dr. Jodi Wallis
- Meet some of the Centering team
- March of Dimes Grant given to SUNY Upstate Regional Perinatal Center
- Ali Doyle receives the GME award for Team work
- Retiring obstetrician Richard Aubry, MD, MPH reflects on his 50 year career
- Leah Kaufman joins the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology