Outreach and Education
OB Grand Rounds is held at the Marley Education Center, located at 765 Irving Avenue every Friday from 7:30am to 8:30am. A wide variety of current OB and GYN topics are presented by local and nationally recognized experts. If you are interested in presenting please contact Sunny Falcone, email@example.com
- January Grand Rounds
- February Grand Rounds
- March Grand Rounds
- April Grand Rounds
- May Grand Rounds
- June Grand Rounds
Regional Educational Evening Mini Series
The CNY Regional Perinatal Program is now offering expanded educational opportunities throughout the year with the Regional Educational Evening Mini Series. Each evening will be dedicated to a different topic to expand the knowledge base of the community, nurses, providers and residents in the most recent developments in perinatal care.
For further information regarding the CNY Regional Educational Evenings please contact the Regional Neonatal Outreach Coordinator at (315) 470-7687.
2019 Mini Series Calendar
Jan. 15 | A Stimulating Educational Evening on Lactation and Human Milk Feeding
- Event Poster
- Breastfeeding Improvement Project
- Supplemental Nursing System
- Lawrence Kotlow DDS FAAPD, FABPD, MAlD - presentation
March 19 | Perinatal Bereavement
- A Person’s a Person, No Matter How Small,
Terry S. Johnson, APN, NNP-BC, ASPPS, CLEC, MN
- Self-Care for Healthcare Professionals in Grief
Caron Grossman, RN
- The Development of the UHS Perinatal, Infant and Child Bereavement Network
Danielle Caviness, BSN, RN, WOCA, CNIII & Monica Lorenc, RN, BSN, RNC-OB, EFM-C
- Supporting Parents at the Time of Loss
Brigid Boyle, GC-C, M Div, BA Psy.
- Parent Panel
Facilitated by Brigid Boyle
May 21 | Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Event Poster
- Not Just the Baby Blues, Stephanie Straub
- Stigma and PMADS, Mary Carlisle
- Mohawk Valley Health System Behavioral Health: Maternal Child Health
- Supporting Mothers with PMADS through Telehealth
- Cost: $10 | Register Online
Regional Perinatal Program Outreach Site Visit
In keeping with the NYS DOH requirements, the annual Regional Perinatal Program Outreach meeting is held at each hospital in the Central New York Region with obstetrical services.
For this visit, the team from the Regional Perinatal Center will consist of a Maternal/Fetal Medicine attending and a Neonatology attending as well as the Perinatal Nurse Coordinators of OB and Neonatology. Affiliate hospital staff to attend will be the Chiefs of Obstetrics and Pediatrics, the OB/Pediatric Nurse Manager and other obstetrical, pediatric and nursing care providers. Functions to be carried out will include:
- Presentation of two perinatal education topics by the Outreach Team from the Regional Center.
- Review of the hospitals Statewide Perinatal Data System annual report from the previous year.
- Report/analysis by the Regional Centers SPDS Coordinator of the hospitals SPDS report in comparison with the region-wide report, other hospitals data and national standards.
- Discussion of pre-identified cases from the prior year, chosen by the Regional Center or the Affiliate staff, which are of special interest, concern, or educational value.
- Review of the maternal/newborn consultation/transport experience of the Affiliate hospital for the prior year with feedback regarding outcomes and detailed discussion of cases with significant morbidity or mortality. Discussion of any other issues regarding the Affiliate hospital or Regional Center patient care functions or relationships.
- Discussion of any other issues regarding the Affiliate hospital or Regional Center patient care functions or relationships.
The annual Symposium celebrates its 46th on October 25, 2019. Current OB and Neonatal topics are chosen to keep the nurses, providers and residents from Central New York updated on the most recent developments in perinatal care. For further information with regard to the Symposium event, please contact Chelsea Castor at 315 470-7687.
For further information:
To be announced