Our Health Care Team
When you visit the Perinatal Center, you will be treated by a team of highly specialized, caring professionals familiar with your special needs. Our staff members - physicians, nurse practitioners, nurse midwives, nurses, nutritionist, social worker, genetic counselors, sonographers, and support staff - each play an important role.
Our physicians are in obstetrical/gynecological care and subspecialists in maternal-fetal medicine. They are trained and experienced in the latest technology and methods of care for high-risk pregnancies. You will find that our physicians work as a team. Throughout the course of your pregnancy, you may meet all the physicians involved. This ensures that all our physicians are familiar with your special needs and someone is acquainted with your care is always available to you.
Our qualified nursing staff is available to help you with any problems or concerns you may have about your pregnancy. Because your pregnancy is special, we ask that you communicate openly with our nurses so that we can meet your needs and determine your progress.
Robert K Silverman, MD
Clinical Section Affiliations
- Obstetrics and Gynecology: Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Women's Health Network: Obstetric, Gynecology & Urogynecology
Education & Fellowships
- Fellowship: SUNY Health Science Center at Syracuse, 1990, Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Residency: Oakwood Hospital, 1988
- MD: University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago, 1984
Obesity and Pregnancy,
IUGR-intrauterine growth restriction;
ultrasound diagnosis of fetal anomalies; diabetes in pregnancy
Obesity, Fetal growth, hypertension, teratology, and the diagnosis of fetal anomalies with ultrasonography.
Specialties & Certification
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Diseases & Conditions Treated
- Acute & Chronic Diseases and Conditions in Adult Patients
- Birth Defects
- High Risk Pregnancies
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
Current Hospital Privileges
- Upstate University Hospital
- Crouse Hospital
Faculty Profile Shortcut: http://www.upstate.edu/faculty/silvermr