Our Health Care Team
When you visit the Perinatal Center, you will be treated by a team of highly specialized, caring professionals familiar with your special needs. Our staff members - physicians, nurse practitioners, nurse midwives, nurses, nutritionist, social worker, genetic counselors, sonographers, and support staff - each play an important role.
Our physicians are in obstetrical/gynecological care and subspecialists in maternal-fetal medicine. They are trained and experienced in the latest technology and methods of care for high-risk pregnancies. You will find that our physicians work as a team. Throughout the course of your pregnancy, you may meet all the physicians involved. This ensures that all our physicians are familiar with your special needs and someone is acquainted with your care is always available to you.
Our qualified nursing staff is available to help you with any problems or concerns you may have about your pregnancy. Because your pregnancy is special, we ask that you communicate openly with our nurses so that we can meet your needs and determine your progress.
John J Folk, MD
3 WT Crouse Hospital
736 Irving Ave.
Syracuse, NY 13210
Clinical Section Affiliations
- Obstetrics and Gynecology: Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Women's Health Network: Obstetric, Gynecology & Urogynecology, Pelvic Health
Education & Fellowships
- Fellowship: Wayne State University, Detroit Medical Center, 1998, Adult Critical Care
- Residency: SUNY Health Science Center at Syracuse, 1994
- MD: University of Rochester, 1990
- Management of medical diseases associated with pregnancy; medical, surgical, and trauma-related complications of pregnancy; critical care of the gravid patient; colposcopy in pregnancy
- Hypertension and preeclampsia; maternal heart disease; medical complications of pregnancy
Specialties & Certification
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
Diseases & Conditions Treated
- Acute & Chronic Diseases and Conditions in Adult Patients
- Critical Illnesses and Injuries
- High Risk Pregnancies
- Obstetrical and Gynecological Services
Current Hospital Privileges
- Upstate University Hospital
Clinical Profile Shortcut: http://www.upstate.edu/findadoc/folkj
Faculty Profile Shortcut: http://www.upstate.edu/faculty/folkj