Regional Perinatal Center
Upstate Health Care Center
90 Presidential Plaza
Syracuse, NY 13202
Map & directions
Phone: 315 464-4458
Fax: 315 464-6388
Because of your high-risk pregnancy, your physician has recommended that you visit the Perinatal Center. Here you will have access to the most comprehensive and advanced medical care available to women with special needs during pregnancy.
Throughout your pregnancy, you will find that your well-being and the health of your baby are our primary concerns. We offer a number of services and programs designed to provide you with the best possible care and outcome. The following is an overview of services available at the Perinatal Center. For detailed information on services offered, please visit the services section of our website.
Balancing the 3 major tenets of the mission of SUNY Upstate Medical University of patient care, education and research, the mission of the Regional Perinatal Center is to provide high-quality, compassionate care to patients with complicated pregnancies throughout the Central New York Region. We do so using a multi-disciplinary team approach utilizing physicians, nurses and other health care professionals in an integrated service.
Overview of Services Available
- Physician on-call 24 hours
- Care and services for women with gestational diabetes (diabetic pregnancy)
- Fetal health studies (includes measuring amniotic fluid and monitoring the baby's heart rate, breathing movements, and blood flow)
- Prenatal diagnosis (diagnosing birth defects through ultrasound and/or amniocentesis
- Obstetrical ultrasound (sonogram)
- Arrangement and transfer of care
- Counseling: crisis, genetic, individual and relationship, nutrition, perinatal grief, prepregnancy, teratologic (dealing with fetal malformations)
- Support services: assistance obtaining medical insurance; assistance obtaining financial; food; and housing aid; job training program
New Service for Perinatal Center Patients
CenteringPregnancy® Program for Pregnant Diabetic Mothers
CenteringPregnancy is prenatal care that includes traditional pregnancy care with additional time and attention in a group setting just for diabetic mothers like you. You will meet with your provider and other women who are due near the same time for 10 sessions during your pregnancy. CenteringPregnancy is a way for you to share learning and experiences with other pregnant women and to be involved in your own care.
This site is for educational purposes only. The information provided herein should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and should not substitute as a healthcare provider. If you believe you have a health problem, you should contact your physician or obstetrician.