Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
University Hospital dedicates site of vertical expansion and children’s hospital
SYRACUSE, N.Y. – More than 200 people gather as SUNY Upstate Medical University Oct. 18 for the site dedication ceremony for University Hospital’s vertical expansion project, which features the Golisano Children’s Hospital.
The vertical expansion is SUNY Upstate’s-and one of Central New York’s-most ambitious construction projects since opening University Hospital in 1965. The six-story vertical expansion will rise above University Hospital’s East Wing and feature floors dedicated to oncology, cardiology and neurology services and the Golisano Children’s Hospital. One floor will be used to house heating, air conditioning and other technical systems.
University officials were joined by area federal, state and local lawmakers who lauded SUNY Upstate for its commitment to children and making a children’s hospital a reality for Central New York
A community fundraising campaign to help build the Golisano Children’s Hospital raised more than $21 million dollars, including a $6 million contribution from B. Thomas Golisano of Pittsford, N.Y. Bristol-Myers Squibb provided the campaign’s largest corporate gift, a $1 million donation to name the children’s hospital’s unique tree house lobby.
Site preparation for the project is under way, with project completion set for 2009.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal