Kathleen Paice 315 464-4839
Pat’s Pavement Pounder to benefit research into childhood cancer Oct. 1
SYRACUSE, N.Y.- Central New Yorkers are invited to participate in the Pat’s Pavement Pounder Walk and Run Sunday, Oct. 1, rain or shine, at the Fayetteville-Manlius (F-M) High School track, 8201 East Seneca Turnpike, Manlius. Registration will be held from noon to 1 p.m. The walk/run begins at 1 p.m. Proceeds from the event will benefit research conducted at University Hospital’s Center for Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders and the Patrick Cole Courage Scholarship fund at F-M High School.
The event includes face painting and raffles. Food and refreshments will be available.
The individual entry fee of $15 includes one T-shirt. The family fee of $30 includes two T-shirts.
Pat’s Pavement Pounder is a tribute to the memory of Patrick Cole who was a freshman at F-M High School when he was diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer. Since its inception in 2000, Pat’s Pavement Pounder has raised more than $88,000 to benefit the scholarship fund and Center for Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders research.
To register, visit http://www.patspavementpounder.org. For more information, call 315-464-4416.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard