Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
SUNY Upstate welcomes new and returning students to campus
SYRACUSE, N.Y. – More than 1,100 students will arrive on the SUNY Upstate Medical University campus beginning Aug. 22 to participate in orientation programs for the colleges of Graduate Studies, Health Professions, Medicine and Nursing. First day of classes is Monday, Aug. 28.
Orientation activities include campus tours, academic and informational sessions and social events. A program specifically for parents and family members will be held Aug. 23, beginning at 1 p.m. in the Oncenter Ballroom in Syracuse.
Other orientation events planned include:
The White Coat Ceremony presented by the College of Medicine and the Medical Alumni Association, to be held Aug. 23, from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. in the OnCenter Ballroom. During the ceremony, each College of Medicine freshman will receive a white coat made possible by a grant from Excellus BlueCross BlueShield, Central New York Region to the Parents and Family Association of the Medical Alumni Association. The grant also supports a reception following the ceremony.
The College of Health Professions will hold its White Coat Ceremony Aug. 30, at 5 p.m. in 9299 Weiskotten Hall. Dinner will immediately follow the ceremony.
The complete orientation calendar of events for each of SUNY Upstate’s colleges is available by calling 315-464-8855.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal