Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
SUNY Upstate announces appointments
SYRACUSE, N.Y. – SUNY Upstate Medical University announces the following appointments:
• Tim Gorman has joined the Office of University Counsel as an associate counsel. He is a former partner of the law firm of Costello, Cooney & Fearon and has served as the general counsel of Prepaid Health Care Plan, (PHP), Univera Health Care-Central New York and Health Services Medical Group in Radisson and as the managing counsel of Univera Health Care of Central and Western New York prior to its merger with Excellus.
Gorman has been engaged in the private practice of law in Armory Square and has recently served as the director of corporate compliance and attorney at St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica. He is a former Onondaga County legislator, former president of the Onondaga County Bar Foundation and was the Democratic candidate for the New York State Senate in 2004 in the 50th State Senate District. Gorman resides in the Strathmore area of Syracuse.
• Mike H. Sun, M.D., has joined the Department of Orthopedic Surgery as assistant professor, specializing in spine surgery. His research interests include gene therapy and bone biology. Sun received his undergraduate training at Yale University, majoring in molecular biophysics and biochemistry. He received a medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston; completed his residency training in orthopedic surgery at the University of Chicago; and fellowship training in spine surgery at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland. Sun lives in Syracuse.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Prostate Cancer Survivor to Men: â€˜Get Checked Out Promptly and Get Checked Out Often
Time Warner Cable News Central NY
- Your questions on skincare answered
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Upstate Medical nursing students get new home on campus
Syracuse Post Standard
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer