Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Robert Pietrafesa II Appointed by Governor to Chair Health Science Center Council
Robert E. Pietrafesa II of Cazenovia has been appointed chair of the Health Science Center Council. The appointment was made by Gov. George Pataki. He succeeds John B. Johnson, who served as chair since 1961.
Appointed by the governor, the Health Science Center Council is an advisory board to the Health Science Center president.
Pietrafesa, who has served on the council since 1997, is president of B.G. Sulzle Inc. He also is a director of Chase Manhattan Bank, N.A., Central Division in Syracuse and director of MedBest. He will serve as chair until 2003.
Also named to the council was Raymond C. Traver Jr., M.D., of Skaneateles. Traver is a clinical associate professor at the State University of New York Health Science Center in Syracuse and an orthopedic surgeon with the Orthopedic Surgeon Group of Auburn. He is affiliated with Auburn Memorial Hospital and University Hospital in Syracuse. Traver received his doctor of medicine degree from the Health Science Center in 1968. Traver will serve until 2002.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard