Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Robert Pietrafesa II Appointed by Governor to Chair Health Science Center Council
Robert E. Pietrafesa II of Cazenovia has been appointed chair of the Health Science Center Council. The appointment was made by Gov. George Pataki. He succeeds John B. Johnson, who served as chair since 1961.
Appointed by the governor, the Health Science Center Council is an advisory board to the Health Science Center president.
Pietrafesa, who has served on the council since 1997, is president of B.G. Sulzle Inc. He also is a director of Chase Manhattan Bank, N.A., Central Division in Syracuse and director of MedBest. He will serve as chair until 2003.
Also named to the council was Raymond C. Traver Jr., M.D., of Skaneateles. Traver is a clinical associate professor at the State University of New York Health Science Center in Syracuse and an orthopedic surgeon with the Orthopedic Surgeon Group of Auburn. He is affiliated with Auburn Memorial Hospital and University Hospital in Syracuse. Traver received his doctor of medicine degree from the Health Science Center in 1968. Traver will serve until 2002.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal