Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
University Hospital awarded Gold Seal of Approval from Joint Commission of Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
SYRACUSE, N.Y. – University Hospital has received a Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission of Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), the nation’s leading standard setting and accrediting body in healthcare. The gold seal demonstrates that University Hospital maintains the highest national standards for healthcare quality and safety.
“Receiving the gold seal demonstrates our determination to continually meet rigorous national standards,” said Phillip S. Schaengold, J.D., interim executive director for University Hospital. “This honor underscores our firm commitment to our patient’s safety and to our high standards of health care.”
The award of accreditation is for a three-year period and ends in December 2007. University Hospital prepares for accreditation on a daily basis by maintaining a continuous readiness through a high quality of education, biomedical research, and healthcare.
JCAHO, founded in 1951, remains non-profit and independent, while evaluating over 15,000 health care programs. JCAHO is focused on improving the quality and safety of care provided by health care organizations.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Type 2 Diabetes in Youth Progresses Faster, More Aggressively Than in Adults, Even Under Optimal Treatment Conditions
American Diabetes Association
- May is Stroke Awareness Month
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University graduation Sunday
Syracuse Post Standard
- SEFCU donates $250,000 to Upstate Medical University
Central New York Business Journal
- State to fund $21 million energy efficiency upgrade at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse
- Doctors explain injuries, treatment and rehab of marathon victims
News 10 Now