Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
University Hospital awarded Gold Seal of Approval from Joint Commission of Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
SYRACUSE, N.Y. – University Hospital has received a Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission of Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), the nation’s leading standard setting and accrediting body in healthcare. The gold seal demonstrates that University Hospital maintains the highest national standards for healthcare quality and safety.
“Receiving the gold seal demonstrates our determination to continually meet rigorous national standards,” said Phillip S. Schaengold, J.D., interim executive director for University Hospital. “This honor underscores our firm commitment to our patient’s safety and to our high standards of health care.”
The award of accreditation is for a three-year period and ends in December 2007. University Hospital prepares for accreditation on a daily basis by maintaining a continuous readiness through a high quality of education, biomedical research, and healthcare.
JCAHO, founded in 1951, remains non-profit and independent, while evaluating over 15,000 health care programs. JCAHO is focused on improving the quality and safety of care provided by health care organizations.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard