Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
University Hospital’s Upstate Cancer Advocacy Network to present two cancer support meetings in July
SYRACUSE, N.Y. – The Upstate Cancer Advocacy Network (UCAN) of University Hospital will sponsor two free support group meetings in July for cancer patients of all ages. The meetings will be held at the HealthLink/Oasis Center in the lower level of ShoppingTown Mall in DeWitt.
Leslie Kohman, M.D., director of University Hospital’s Thoracic Oncology Program, will speak at The Lung Cancer Support group meeting July 19, from 6 to 7 p.m. To register, call 464-5896.
Thomas E. Coyle, M.D., professor of medicine at University Hospital, will speak at the Brain Tumor Support group meeting July 28, from 7 to 8:30 p.m. To register, call 464-7228.
The UCAN support group meetings are open to people who have been diagnosed with cancer at any stage. The intent is to bring them together to learn, to talk, or to just listen.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard