Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Eric Smith named assistant vice president for financeat SUNY Upstate Medical University
SYRACUSE, N.Y.- Eric J. Smith has been appointed assistant vice president of finance for SUNY Upstate Medical University.
In his new post, Smith will be responsible for the oversight of the activities of accounting and budgeting, bursar’s office, research accounting and compliance, property management and duplicating. In addition, he will be responsible for the development of the campus budget and financial plans and the ongoing reporting and monitoring of financial results.
Prior to joining SUNY Upstate’s Department of Accounting and Budgeting, Smith was employed for 12 years at PricewaterhouseCoopers, where he most recently served as a senior manager in the health care audit and business advisory practice.
Smith holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from SUNY Oswego and is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Healthcare Financial Management Association.
Smith lives in Manlius with his wife, Jennifer, and son, Nathan.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal