Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Ryan and Same named to coordinate University Hospital’s emergency preparedness program
SYRACUSE, N.Y. – Anne Ryan and Kathryn Same have been appointed as coordinators of University Hospital’s Emergency Preparedness (EP) program. The EP program encompasses the hospital’s assessment, mitigation and response to disastrous situations.
As coordinators of the EP program Ryan and Same are responsible for emergency preparedness planning and response, including education and training, equipment management, communication and city, county and state collaboration.
Ryan, formerly an Emergency Department clinical educator with
extensive experience in emergency nursing, pediatrics and pre-hospital care, has overseen the hospital’s EP activities since 2001. She co-chairs the hospital’s Emergency Preparedness Committee and manages the hospital’s Emergency Preparedness Grant from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). Ryan resides in Cazenovia.
Same has 16 years of experience in infection control. She is managing the HRSA grant that names University Hospital as the designated Regional Resource Center (RRC) for emergency and bio-terrorism preparedness, covering a 13-county geographic area from Jefferson to Broome counties. Same works with the 24 hospitals within this area on regional emergency preparedness response planning. Same resides in Munnsville.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Type 2 Diabetes in Youth Progresses Faster, More Aggressively Than in Adults, Even Under Optimal Treatment Conditions
American Diabetes Association
- May is Stroke Awareness Month
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University graduation Sunday
Syracuse Post Standard
- SEFCU donates $250,000 to Upstate Medical University
Central New York Business Journal
- State to fund $21 million energy efficiency upgrade at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse
- Doctors explain injuries, treatment and rehab of marathon victims
News 10 Now