Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Two join physical therapy faculty at SUNY Upstate
SYRACUSE, N.Y. – Gary Brooks, Dr.PH., and Denise Schilling, Ph.D., have been named assistant professors in the College of Health Professions at SUNY Upstate Medical University.
A board certified clinical specialist in cardiovascular and pulmonary physical therapy, Brooks holds a bachelor’s degree from Hobart College, a master’s degree in physical therapy from Boston University and a doctorate in public health from SUNY Albany. He currently is vice president of the Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Section of the American Physical Therapy Association. He resides in Fayetteville.
Schilling formerly served as school-based physical therapist and has been in private practice. She earned a bachelor’s degree and a certificate in corrective therapy from Kent State University, a physical therapy degree from Emory University and a master’s degree and doctorate in special education and rehabilitation medicine from the University of Washington. Schilling lives in Syracuse.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard