Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Grethlein, Van Nortwick named to key posts at SUNY Upstate
SYRACUSE, N.Y. – Sara Grethlein, M.D., of Manlius and Mary Grace Van Nortwick of Camillus have been named to two key positions in SUNY Upstate Medical University’s College of Medicine.
Grethlein, a member of SUNY Upstate faculty has been named associate dean for graduate medical education in the College of Medicine. She will be responsible for expanding the academic component of the residency programs, particularly with developing the teaching skills of residents. A member of the SUNY Upstate faculty since 1994, Grethlein received her medical degree from SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn and served residency training and fellowship in hematology/oncology at Barnes Hospital, St. Louis.
Van Nortwick has been named senior associate dean for resource management for the College of Medicine. In her post, she will advise the dean of the College of Medicine on financial issues related to the college and on SUNY Upstate space issues. She also will monitor and analyze of college’s finances and participate in strategic planning. Before joining the College of Medicine, Van Nortwick was principal financial officer for University Medical Associates at Syracuse (UMAS).
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard