Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Grethlein, Van Nortwick named to key posts at SUNY Upstate
SYRACUSE, N.Y. – Sara Grethlein, M.D., of Manlius and Mary Grace Van Nortwick of Camillus have been named to two key positions in SUNY Upstate Medical University’s College of Medicine.
Grethlein, a member of SUNY Upstate faculty has been named associate dean for graduate medical education in the College of Medicine. She will be responsible for expanding the academic component of the residency programs, particularly with developing the teaching skills of residents. A member of the SUNY Upstate faculty since 1994, Grethlein received her medical degree from SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn and served residency training and fellowship in hematology/oncology at Barnes Hospital, St. Louis.
Van Nortwick has been named senior associate dean for resource management for the College of Medicine. In her post, she will advise the dean of the College of Medicine on financial issues related to the college and on SUNY Upstate space issues. She also will monitor and analyze of college’s finances and participate in strategic planning. Before joining the College of Medicine, Van Nortwick was principal financial officer for University Medical Associates at Syracuse (UMAS).
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal