Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
East Adams Street near University Hospital to close Saturday, Sept. 25
East Adams Street from Sarah Loguen Street to Elizabeth Blackwell Street will be closed Saturday, Sept. 25, from approximately 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. due to the installation of the pedestrian walkway that will connect the new parking garage to the second floor of the University Hospital lobby, which is currently under construction.
Due to this construction work, the following detour will be in place:
Traffic will be directed from East Adams Street to Sarah Loguen Street and then to Harrison Street.
Elizabeth Blackwell Street will be open to two-way traffic.
Parking on Elizabeth Blackwell Street will be restricted to Emergency Room business only.
For employees using the parking garage: Access to the Sarah Loguen Street entrance via Harrison Street remains open.
Visitors will continue to use the East Adams Street entrance to the parking garage.
Syracuse Police will be stationed at the major intersections around this area to help direct traffic.
In case of inclement weather, the construction work and road closure will occur on Sunday, Sept. 26 from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
As a result of the detour, traffic delays may result.
Thanks for your continued understanding and patience as we continue working on improving our facilities for all.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal