Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Advocates for Upstate Medical University pledge $150,000 to Children’s Hospital campaign
Advocates for Upstate Medical University have pledged $150,000 to the Central New York Children’s Hospital at University Hospital. The Advocates is a volunteer membership organization serving SUNY Upstate and the area community with health education and other programming.
The Central New York Children’s Hospital at University Hospital will occupy the top two floors of University Hospital six-story vertical expansion of its east wing. The children’s hospital will feature 50 private patient rooms with enough space to accommodate overnight stays by family members, along with other amenities
Funds for the children’s hospital are being raised through a community-wide fundraising campaign. Officials have raised $9.2 million toward the $15 million campaign goal. The children’s hospital campaign will pay for upgrades to the children’s hospital, such as the special entrance, endowed research professorships and to help furnish and equip the hospital.
Construction on the children’s hospital is expected to begin in the spring of 2005 with an opening date set for December 2007.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal