Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Free legal advice on proxy, power of attorney at Health Science Center
A program offering free legal advice on two important documents that affect health and finance will be available on Thursday, May 6 at 6 p.m. in Weiskotten Auditorium. The hour-long program will discuss the importance and power of health care proxy and durable power of attorney documents. Both documents allow individuals to select in advance who they want to make health care and financial decisions should they become incapacitated. The program will also explain how to prevent being taken advantage of by unscrupulous agents
The event is co-sponsored as a public service by the Health Sciences Library and The New York State Bar Association’s Elder Law Section as part of Decision Making Day 1999. Commented Library Director Laurie L. Thompson: “We are pleased to offer a program that is of value to our internal community, the patients we serve, as well as the citizens of Onondaga County.
Attendees at the program will receive consumer information handouts, including a sample power of attorney form. For more information, call the library reference desk at (315) 464-4581.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal