Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Knights of Columbus and Kiwanis events to benefit children’s hospital
SYRACUSE, N.Y. — Two upcoming events—one sponsored by the Knights of Columbus, the other by Kiwanis—will benefit the Central New York Children’s Hospital at University Hospital.
The Knights of Columbus Council 207 will hold a dance party Friday, Aug. 13, from 8 p.m. to midnight, in the parking lot of the council’s headquarters, located at 47 Market Street, Auburn.
Music will be performed by the popular Auburn-based band, The Toonz. Food and refreshments will be available for sale.
The fee for the event is $5 per person. For more information, call 315-253-8722.
A pancake breakfast hosted by the Ontario Division of Kiwanis will be held Sunday, Sept. 12, from 8 a.m. to noon, at the Empire Room, New York State Fairgrounds. The breakfast also offers family entertainment and a raffle for a battery powered children’s jeep.
Admission to the breakfast is $5 per adult; $3 per child (10 and under). Tickets will be available at the door. For more information, call (315) 464-4416.
The CNY Children’s Hospital at University Hospital, estimated to cost $50 million, will occupy the top two floors of a six-floor vertical expansion of University Hospital’s East Wing, and is expected to open in December 2007.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal