Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
D’Angelo tapped for marketing post at SUNY Upstate
SUNY Upstate Medical University has announced the appointment of Thomas R. D’Angelo as assistant director in the department of marketing and university communications.
Prior to joining the staff of SUNY Upstate, D’Angelo served as vice president, customer operations and vice president, communications at Excellus BlueCross Blue Shield, Central New York Region where he was responsible for claims administration, customer service, membership/billing and corporate communications. Most recently, D’Angelo spent two years in the non-profit sector as director of development for The Salvation Army of the Syracuse Area.
A graduate of St. John’s Prep in New York City, D’Angelo received his bachelor’s degree in political science from Niagara University. After receiving a commission through R.O.T.C., D’Angelo served three years as a communications officer in the U.S. Army.
D’Angelo resides in Liverpool with his wife, Carol, and daughter, Amy. His son, Christopher D’Angelo, M.D., an internist, resides in Rochester and is on the staff of Strong Memorial Hospital.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal