News from Upstate
Kathleen Paice 315 464-4839
Barnes and Noble Clay donates 1,205 new books
The Barnes and Noble Bookstore in Clay donated 1,205 new books to Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital. The books were collected during the fourth annual holiday book drive, held from Thanksgiving through the new year, and are valued at more than $9,000. Dan Griffin, store manager of Barnes and Noble Clay, has organized the book drive for three years. The books will be distributed to patients and families through the children’s hospital Family Resource Center, Cystic Fibrosis Clinic, Center for Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders and Upstate’s Pediatric and Adolescent Center. Displaying some of the new titles are, from left: Rev. Jane Dasher, Kathleen Valentino, Mary Laverty, SaraLee Brown from Barnes and Noble-Clay, Michelle Brown and Sarah Irish.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal