Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Nearly 400 cancer survivors will gather to celebrate life at University Hospital’s cancer survivors day June 13
Nearly 400 cancer survivors and their families are expected to attend the National Cancer Survivors Day celebration Sunday, June 13, at the Holiday Inn on Electronics Parkway in Liverpool. The event, which runs from 1 to 4 p.m., will feature a buffet lunch and musical performances.
The event, sponsored by University Hospital, will feature remarks from physicians and others who will speak to daily breakthroughs being made toward a cancer cure.
National Cancer Survivors Day (NCSD) honors survivors who are living with and beyond cancer, and also recognizes those professionals who are helping to fight the battle against cancer. NCSD is an annual, nationwide celebration of life which is held in over 700 communities. Events are held around the nation to honor the 8.9 million Americans who are surviving cancer, to spread the message that life after a cancer diagnosis can be a reality.
Cancer is not the dread disease that it was years ago. Mortality rates for most major cancers are declining, and today, more people survive cancer than ever before. In fact, nearly one in 30 Americans are living with a history of cancer.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal