Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Two SUNY Upstate students honored by SUNY Chancellor
SYRACUSE, N.Y. — SUNY Upstate Medical University students Mary Trusilo of Manlius and Clement Yan of Syracuse have been honored for academic excellence by SUNY Chancellor Robert King.
Trusilo and Yan are among 245 students across the State University of New York system to receive the Chancellor’s Award for Student Excellence.
“These students are among the State University’s best and brightest,” said King. “Their commitment not only to academic excellence, but also to serving the wider community indicates they are likely to emerge as New York’s future leaders. I am enormously proud of these students and very pleased to be able to recognize their accomplishments.”
Trusilo, who will receive her medical degree May 16, has served on numerous student committees while at SUNY Upstate, including as president of the Graduate Student Council. She will do her residency in anesthesiology at University Hospital. She is the daughter of Thomas and Joan Trusilo of Manlius.
Yan, who will receive his bachelor’s degree in respiratory care May 16, has been recognized nationally for his academics and research by the American Respiratory Care Foundation and the national honorary society for respiratory care.
At SUNY Upstate, Yan has served as a resident assistant and as a member of the Undergraduate Student Council and as peer tutor. Upon gradution, Yan will be employed at University Hospital as a respiratory therapist.
Yan is a native of Malaysia.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Type 2 Diabetes in Youth Progresses Faster, More Aggressively Than in Adults, Even Under Optimal Treatment Conditions
American Diabetes Association
- May is Stroke Awareness Month
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University graduation Sunday
Syracuse Post Standard
- SEFCU donates $250,000 to Upstate Medical University
Central New York Business Journal
- State to fund $21 million energy efficiency upgrade at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse
- Doctors explain injuries, treatment and rehab of marathon victims
News 10 Now