News from Upstate
Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Harnetts receive President’s Award for Philanthropic Service 2013
From left, John and Karen Hartnett receive the Upstate Medical University President’s Award for Philanthropic Service from Upstate Vice President for Development Eileen Pezzi and Upstate President David R. Smith, MD. Touched personally by cancer when their 19-month of son was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the Hartnetts have never stopped working to ensure that other children and families have top-flight cancer services and patient amenities available here in Syracuse. For the current Upstate Cancer Center capital campaign, the Hartnetts have helped raise $2 million by coordinating raffles, community-wide bicycle rides and volunteer to help at Upstate activities year round.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal