Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Children’s Miracle Network’s Children’s Hospital update to air on WIXT News Channel 9 April 6
“Children’s Miracle Network: Update to the Children’s Hospital,” the second of four Children’s Miracle Network Broadcasts this year will air Tuesday, April 6, from 8 to 8:30 p.m. on WIXT NewsChannel 9.
The program will emphasize the importance of having a children’s hospital in Central New York, a University Hospital initiative slated to open in 2007. The program, hosted by WIXT’s Carrie Lazarus and Dan Cummings, features reports from WIXT morning news anchors Christie Casciano and Rick Gary, among others. University Hospital physicians and nurses will discuss the newest initiatives in pediatric care and research into pediatric disorders. Viewers will also meet children and their families who are receiving care at the hospital.
The Children’s Miracle Network (CMN) is a yearlong fundraising campaign to benefit pediatric services in Central New York and the upcoming children’s hospital at University Hospital.
The first of the four broadcasts aired Jan. 20 on WIXT NewsChannel 9.
For more information about CMN and the broadcasts, call 315-464-KIDS.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal